MAY 23, 2016 PROGRAM
Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer - Walter Bauer
JUNE 10 AND 11, 2016
JUNE 13, 2016 PROGRAM
What I bought at COLOPEX
JUNE 27, 2016 PROGRAM
First Informal Summer meeting - No Program
JULY 11, 2016
Informal Summer meeting
AUGUST 8, 2016
Informal Summer meeting
DOWN UNDER - The Mining Industry in Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific Islands since the early 1950's. (APS Slide Show)
- US (UO81) - Fleetwood cacheted FDC of 45¢ Official envelope
- JAPAN - Eight issues of National Parks design, 1965968, 16 stamps, never hinged.
- US - Large quantity of cut corners from mail, full envelopes and part envelopes; mostly definitives.
- LITERATURE - Green's Catalog of Foreign TB Seals (1983) on CD; files by country
In lieu of a program, after the normal business meeting, a round table/brainstorming session will take place on the topic of recruiting new members for the Columbus Philatelic Club. All current members are encouraged to attend and bring ideas for discussion. If you cannot attend, you may send your ideas to Mark Reasoner, PO Box 20084, Columbus OH 43220 - email@example.com.
- CANADA (275) – Cacheted registered FDC with block of four of the stamp.
- GREAT BRITIAN – MACHIN HEADS – hundreds, used.
- SUPPLIES – Maroon Lindner stock book, 8 pages, 6" x 10",used.
- LITERATURE – "Comprehensive Colour Catalogue of Australian Stamps, 2nd Edition (1999).
Illustrated Covers of the Spanish-American War -- Gary Eschelbach
- Sarawak (Sc. Nos. 159-165) - Used on registered envelope, Kuching, 12 Feb.1949.
- Singapore (Sc. Nos. 256-262) - Used on registered envelope, Penang, 21 Oct. 1946.
- Canada (Sc. Nos. 625-626) - Christmas 1973 stamps on hand drawn color cachet by Ralph Dyer.
- US - Hand drawn cover by Doris Gold for Dec, 25, 1876 Santa Claus, IN hand cancel.
The Language of Stamps -- Paul Gault
- US - Nine used postal stationery items
- North Borneo (Sc. Nos. 223-230) - Used on registered envelope.
- Foreign - Twenty 1940s covers.
- US (Sc. No. 1029) - Block of four on FDC with hand drawn color cachet by Ralph Dyer.
APS Slide Show
- US - Six covers, includes FDC, commemorative hand stamp cancels.
- US - Two .T. M. Weddle covers; "Happy Easter" hand drawn color cachet and printed coffee cup/pencils envelope.
- Canada - Two 1944 "blind cancel" covers with patriotic WWII cachets.
- Great Britain (Sc. Nos. 313-6) - FDC of Queen Elizabeth II coronation issue.
The picnic will occur at the estate of Jason Manchester, 1047 Oberlin Dr, Columbus, OH.
Please bring a covered dish and a jovial disposition. The club will provide tableware, meat, buns, and soft drinks. The activities will start at 12.30 PM with food at around 2:00 PM.
Contact Jason with questions at 614-567-1150 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Blue Flea: The Notopfer Surtax Stamps of Germany: 1948-1956
GPS Slide Show (DVD)
- GREECE - 118 stamps used on piece, 2002-2004 issues, duplication.
- US - President Jimmy Carter inauguration cover, cachet by Lois Hamilton
- AUSTRALIA - Five covers.
- US - Seven covers.
19th Century U.S. Revenue Proprietary Stamp Precancels - Mike Morrissey
- US - Fifty commemorative hand-stamped covers; various Ohio events, many Columbus.
- US (1351-2) - Souvenir First Day Cover (9x12 inches) from The Annin Banner Co. with enclosure of The Annin Banner, Vol. 5, No. 1, July 1968 and First Day of Issue Ceremony program for the Historic Flag Stamp Series.
- Germany (B835) - use on annual give folder that is given to members of the national stamp collectors' association (BDPh) of Germany and bounc into Philatelie (No. 266, Dec 1998) the Society's monthly magazine.
- Literature - "Linn's Philatelic Gems II" by Donna O'Keefe (1985)
APS Slide Show - Israel: A General Overview of the Postal History of Israel
1. U.S. (BK. 297) - complete mint booklet for the Lewis & Clark Bicentennial.
2. U.S. - Twenty-Five greeting postcards used 1910-1914.
3. U.S. - Seventeen used postal cards, 15-20¢ denomination, duplication.
4. U.S. (2032-5) - Twenty-one modern balloom mail covers and cancelled Columbus, OH Apr. 18, 1983, 43216. Two are signed by balloon pilots.